Setup via mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250
Steps to follow:-
- Plugin the Netgear Range Extender close to your router.
- Once the power LED turns amber that means it is ready for Setup.
- Now grab any of your laptop or cell phones and go to WiFi list.
- Look for Netgear Extender’s default network name i.e Netgear_Ext.
- Join that network and open a browser like (google, safari or firefox).
- In the URL or the address bar, you need to type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250.
- Once the Setup page opens up its will take you too, “New Extender Setup”.
- Hit “new extender setup” and create a login account for your Netgear extender.
- After that, it will ask you to select your main WiFi Name among the list of the available networks.
- Type in the password for the selected network and in case your router supports 5GHz follow the same process again for the second band.
- Your ex2700 Netgear extender will now process all the information you have entered which approx takes around 60 seconds.
- Once configured you will have solid green router LED on the extender.
- You can now unplug the Netgear ex2700 extender and place it halfway between your router and the area of less connectivity.
- As you connect any your device to the extended network the fourth LED on the ex2700, which is the device LED will lit up.
NOTE:- In case 192.168.1.250 doesn’t work try resetting the extender, or change the browser.
Setup via WPS
- Place the extender to the closest possible wall outlet near your router.
- Once the blinking amber light turns solid that means it is ready for Setup.
- Now push the WPS on the left side of the extender.
- Within the minute push the WPS on your working router.
- Once the Netgear range extender is configured you will have a solid green LED on the WPS and Router.
- Now you can unplug the range extender and place it halfway between your router and the area with the poor WiFi signal.
- The password for configured Extender is same as your Router.
NOTE:- In case your router’s physical WPS button is not working, you can use the virtual button by logging into the router. If still, you can not use the WPS setup method then use the 192.168.1.250 web method to setup the ex2700 Netgear extender.