NETGEAR EX8000 EXTENDER Setup
Large Area Covered Netgear EX8000 extender covers up to 2,500 sq. ft. of your area and provides great speed compared to another extender with the same range.
50 Devices Covered Connect as many as 50 devices at the same time plus select between 3 bands to maintain high-speed internet for each device.
Buffering was an ancient thing With the speed of up to 3,000 Mbps it takes care of 4K ultra HD videos and online multiplayer gaming at the same time.
Easy Setup Push Wps and the setup is done.
Netgear EX8000 setup via 192.168.1.250
- Plugin your Netgear EX8000 Extender into a power outlet. For the browser, setup it's not necessary to plug it close to router.
- Wait for power LED to turn solid.
- Connect your laptop or cell phone to the extender network via WiFi or through Ethernet Cable. WiFi Open WiFi option on your mobile or laptop and Connect your device with existing network named as"Netgear_Ext " That is a default name of Netgear Ext.
- :- Client LED will lit-up as soon as you connect your device to the Extender Network
- Open a browser and in the URL or address bar type 192.168.1.250 which is the default IP address of Netgear extenders. NOTE:- In case 192.168.1.250 doesn't work reset the extender.
- In the Netgear Extender Setup page click on “New Extender Setup”.
Smart roaming With smart roaming, you will be always connected to your best internet connection. It automatically switches between the best available WiFi connection.
- Now select if you would like to set it up as “Access Point” or as Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- It will scan all the available networks in your area.
- Select your router network and type-in the password.
- It will then save the settings which take around 60 seconds.
- Once the Netgear EX8000 Range Extender is up, you can place it anywhere you want within the range.
Netgear EX8000 Setup via WPS
- Plugin the range extender Close to your router. NOTE:- Placing the Extender close to router increases the chances of fast Setup.
- Once the Power LED becomes stable on Extender then it means extender is ready for Setup.
- You need to push a WPS on the Netgear Extender.
- Now within a minute push WPS on the router. NOTE:- WPS on both extender and router will be blinking.
- It takes maximum 10-15 secs for get connected with the router.
- Once connected successfully WPS lights will stop blinking.
- You can see there is 2.4GHz and 5GHz lights turned on to the extender.
- Now login on mywifiext.net, create an account and login.
- Unplug the Netgear WiFi Extender now and place it near 5 to 10 feet away between your router and place it where you need.