Netgear Genie Setup
It is unfathomable to picture a way of life that lacks strong and proper Internet connectivity. Since Wi-Fi has emerged in the internet connectivity scenario, the scenery has been largely molded into Wi-Fi’s favor. This has led companies to launch various range of products to meet the increasing demand and need for high-speed Internet connectivity in the world. Wi-Fi network seems to have solved all the problems of strong and high-speed connectivity but there are certain issues that a Wi-Fi router faces which is then counted as the drawback of the Wi-Fi networking. In observation and practise it has been found that the architectural design of houses and the thickness of walls weaken the Wi-Fi networks. This limiting of range of a Wi-Fi network is its biggest drawback. There is also a limit on the number of devices that can connect to a Wi-Fi network, which is a major drawback.
To counter the problems faced by a normal Wi-Fi router and provide solutions to persisting problems, Netgear Extender bears the role. Netgear genie as the name suggests widens the range of strong internet connectivity and boosts up the network. Thus, Netgear genie Setup calls for a delicate and precarious installment procedure that should be followed to avoid any error in installation and complete the process successfully. For this purpose, the marketplace allows you a variety of options to choose from – with varying range, varying strength, and the different number of devices that it allows to connect with. The user must choose the extender suiting their needs.
This blog is an informative blog on the installation of the Netgear genie setup and increasing the wi-fi connectivity and range.
Accessing the Netgear Genie Setup Page
Installation of Netgear genie or Netgear new extender setup involves some basic steps which need a Wi-fi enabled Laptop or PC or even mobile with an up-to-date browser to access the setup page.
- The first step involves ensuring whether the extender is tightly connected with the Wi-fi router and power source. The Wi-fi router could have been in use either by an ethernet connection or wireless connection option.
- The next step is to access the Log-in page by entering the default login address of the Netgear genie in the browser – which is – mywifiext.net. This is the standard and default configuration page for Linksys Extender.
- This IP address will open a Log-in page in the browser asking for your username and password. Enter the credentials and you are good to go. The extender would be connected to the Wi-Fi easily.
Accessing Netgear geine page using Windows 10
If you are trying to access the configuration page from a device that uses Windows 10, then you are required to follow a few easy steps to access Netgear genie Setup. The following steps would ease out and smoothen the installation –
- Press the start button on the extender to make sure it is connected to the Power system and to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select the ‘Network’ option available on the screen to initiate the process.
- Right-click on ‘Range Extender’ available on the computer screen.
- A page will open up asking for your Log-in credentials, and you need to enter your username and password to continue with the process.
- The completion of the last step would make you ready for the Netgear genie Setup process.
The Netgear genie Setup process is a cakewalk and benefit to the user if done in the right way. To create a super-strong internet connectivity option at home and to the multiple devices, extenders are used widely and are available in the market with varying specifications and range. Linksys extender is the device that primarily helps you out when you have multiple internet users at home and the architectural designs or the number of floors is not helping the Wi-Fi router.
If any new issues come up or the problem of sluggish internet connection persists then there is always an option of resetting the extender. The Wi-fi extender is reset by using Web-based utility and by following these easy steps –
- The first step involves using the default link mywifiext.net to access the configuration page in an updated browser on your device.
- The log-in page will open up where you need to fill in credentials such as username and password.
- Another page opens up with various options, from whom you need to select the ‘Administrative’ option and proceed.
- The next page that opens up, select the ‘factory default’ option from there.
- Now select the ‘management’ option from the list of various options available.
- On the next page, select the ‘restore configuration’ option.
- After following these easy steps, save the changes you have made and then your extender is reset to provide uninhibited ultra-fast internet experience.
This informative blog has aimed to answer all the doubts and queries regarding the setup of the Netgear genie to attain high-speed internet connectivity at home with multiple users or multiple floors or uneven architecture of the House. Set the extender at your house suiting the best option from the market – precisely crafted to your needs, and achieve the salvation of good internet in this online and digitized world.
While setting up the extender to your Wi-fi network, ensure the proper connection of cables and an updated browser and system to access the installation properly. You should, in rare cases, have alternate browsers available if there arises any problem with your default one. Though this is not observed, it is advisable to have options on hand.